Sunday, May 6, 2012

Gnocchi is one of my favorite menu options.

I am a die-hard pinterest fan, so I pretty much followed this easy ricotta gnocchi recipe to a tee.
http://budgetbytes.blogspot.com/2011/08/easy-ricotta-gnocchi-258-recipe-065.html

So simple, it is just tedious rolling out each gnocchi on your fork if you like that fluffy, lumpy texture like I do. I don't really like the square pillow gnocchi version aka lazy man's gnocchi.

So to get the right texture, use the prongs of a fork and lightly roll around your dough on it til it looks kinda right.

For the sauce, I came up with this all on my own. Nothing like a good pink sauce or vodka sauce (minus the vodka) I love pink sauce so I used what I had to create a version of one that I thought would be good and was yummy.

Pink Sauce:
3 Tbsp tomato paste or 1/2 cup tomato sauce
4 oz cream cheese
2 Tbsp cream or milk (or until desired consistency)
2 Tbsp butter
(1/4 tsp each) salt, pepper, parsley, whatever spices you like (italian seasoning would go nicely)

I've made this a few times and usually just combine what I've got in the refrigerator that makes sense, so feel free to play around with the ingredients, give or take a few here and there and it should be okay.


No comments:

Post a Comment